Without a doubt, email marketing is one of the best ways to build a trust relationship and grow an online business.
And with the high demand for email marketing tools, more and more email marketing tools penetrate the market day by day making the choice a bit difficult mainly when you are just starting your email marketing journey.
In this post, we did the hard work for you so that you can avoid the pain of choosing the best email marketing tools for your business.
By the end of you finish reading this post, I am sure you will be able to choose one according to your business needs, your financial means, and other factors you give more value.
Without future ado, let’s get into the nifty gifty of the top best email marketing tools for 2021.
- Top 7 best emails marketing tools for 2021
- 1. Getresponse – best email marketing tool for start-ups and eCommerce
- 2. Aweber – best free email marketing tool for bloggers and small businesses
- 3. Converkit – best visual automation builder tool
- 4. ActiveCampaign – the best marketing automation tool
- 5. SendinBlue – best email marketing tool for small to midsize businesses
- 6. Moosend – best email marketing tool for small businesses and bloggers
- 7. Mailchimp – best email marketing tool for large businesses
Top 7 best emails marketing tools for 2021
1. Getresponse – best email marketing tool for start-ups and eCommerce
Founded in 1998 by Simon Grabowsky, Getresponse is an all in one email marketing tool that beat its competitors in terms of features. This is why it tops our best email marketing tools of 2021.
In fact, with Getresponse you can:
- Create an opt-in and stunning landing page to generate leads and grow your email list faster,
- Create leads and sales funnels to whether generate more leads or sell products,
- Create beautiful emails using their drag and drop email editor, add images, videos, etc into your message to engage your audience,
- Send relevant emails to your audience thanks to their workflow that enable you to accomplish certain tasks when certain conditions are accomplished,
- Get advanced email analytics which allows you to track open rates, bounces, clicks, mobile view statistics, and more.
If you are an eCommerce store owner,
- you can integrate with platforms like Magento and Shopify,
- You can create abandoned cart campaigns, email to your subscribers based on purchases
- You can also make use of the Getresponse autofunnel feature to build sales funnel, landing and thank you pages, and much more.
GetResponse is suitable for businesses of all sizes — and all levels of users. And that thanks to their user-friendly interface.
- You use inbound marketing to acquire leads,
- you need sophisticated automation,
- You’re an eCommerce store owner.
Getresponse doesn’t offer a free plan like its key competitors like Aweber, and Mailchimp. But you can sign up for their 30-days free trial to test it before you decide to invest in it.
Its basic plan costs $15 per month for 1000 email contacts.
✔ Getresponse is cheaper than many of its competitors – mainly if you will pay for their yearly or bi-yearly plan, the discount you receive is huge,
✔ Powerful automation and conversion tools,
✔ No message limits,
✔ Good Value for Money,
✔ Technical support is incredibly helpful – and responsive.
❌ There’s no free-forever plan for starters marketers.
❌ No phone support is provided.
❌ Duplicate contacts count towards the monthly limit.
Check out my Getresponse in-depth review to learn more
2. Aweber – best free email marketing tool for bloggers and small businesses
Aweber is also one of the oldest and best email marketing tools out there that serve over 100 000 clients in all over the world.
Founded by Tom Kulzer, in 1998 it is a robust company in the email marketing industry that enable its users to grow their email list easily and faster thanks to its stunning and high-converting landing page and opt-ins templates, and segmenting feature.
Unlike the previous one, it recently offers a free plan that enables you to build up to 500 email contacts, send unlimited emails, create landing pages, set up email campaigns with automation, segmentation, and more.
In fact, like any email marketing tool Aweber allows you to:
- Create sign up form and landing page to grow your email list,
- Create and send nice-looking and relevant messages to your subscribers by using their drag and drop email editor and tag features,
- Integrate it with the most tools and Apps like Paypal to sell products, WordPress to generate leads from your site easily, some webinars tools like zoom, webinar jam, etc to engage your audience and generate more leads or sell your product/service.
Aweber is a great tool for small businesses, internet marketers, and bloggers, and particularly for marketers who’re in the early stages of their careers and want to use a reliable and powerful email marketing solution.
It not only offers training resources but also top-notch support to help you grow your business.
- You want better email deliverability
- You want high-quality customer support
- You are just starting out and want a rich-features-free email marketing tool like automation and segmenting to run hands-free email campaigns.
Not recommended if are looking for advanced automation features
or if you are an eCommerce owner who is looking for advanced tracking and automation like abandoned cart sequences.
Aweber offers a free plan that allows you to build up to 500 email contacts, send unlimited emails to your subscribers. Read my Aweber free plan review here.
The paid plan starts at $16 for 500 emails.
✔ You get advanced features even in the free plan like segmenting and automation (what most of its competitors charge for),
✔ It is easy to use
✔ No message limits
✔ Affordable email marketing tool – Good Value for Money
✔ Technical support is incredibly helpful – and responsive.
❌ The landing page builder doesn’t provide A/B testing
❌ You can’t include or exclude multiple segments at once when sending an e-newsletter.
❌ Duplicate and unsubscribed contacts count towards the monthly limit.
Check out my Aweber in-depth review to learn more.
3. Converkit – best visual automation builder tool
Created by Nathan Barry, ConvertKit is one of the fastest-growing email marketing companies. It is an email marketing service provider designed for bloggers and small business owners.
With Comvertkit you can:
- Grow your audience by turning casual visitors into subscribers by making use of the landing page and pop up builder tool it provides,
- Build a meaningful relationship with your followers by sending customized and personalized content to your subscribers.
- Sell digital products by creating sales pages (or add a ‘buy now’ button to your website) or adding a “buy now” button directly on your website and automatically deliver your digital products without any extra integration.
- Send automation emails to your subscribers to sell your products or affiliate offer.
- Auto resend broadcasts to un-opens messages and more.
The key features of Convertkit:
- It provides Visual Automation Editor,
- Segmentation and tagging capability,
- Free Plan to up to 500 subscribers.
Bloggers, podcasters, YouTubers, and eCommerce store owners, and everyone who wants easy to use email automation tools.
You need an easy to use and visual workflow builder
Just like Aweber, Convert offers a free-forever plan to up to 500 subscribers.
The plan costs start at $29 per month for 500 to 1000 subscribers. So a bit expensive to Getresponse, Aweber, and Mailchimp.
✔ It offers an effective visual automation builder,
✔ You have access to beautiful landing pages and sign up forms template you can use to build your list,
✔ You create dynamic and tag-based email to get the relevant messages hit your subscribers’ inbox,
✔ It offers a forever-free plan to up to 1000 subscribers,
✔ Great support.
❌ Just like Mailchimp, you cannot make use of automation in the free plan – contrary to A weber free plan,
❌ A bit expensive compared to Aweber, Getresponse,
❌ Limited customization options for forms and email templates,
❌ Very limited A/B testing functionality.
4. ActiveCampaign – the best marketing automation tool
Created in 2003 by Jason VandeB³oom, ActiveCampaign is one of the best email marketing tools and an email marketing automation and CRM tool with 350+ integrations like Shopify, WordPress, Zapier, etc.
With over, 130,000 clients all over the world, Active Campaign has made a name for itself in the email marketing industry.
It provides all the marketing tools you need to succeed.
Just like Getresponse, ActiveCampaign doesn’t offer a free plan.
You can only try it for free for 14 days before you decide to invest.
Active Campaign keys features:
- Beautiful and responsive landing pages and opt-in forms builder to help you build your email list easily,
- Tracking, segmentation, and automation such as email automation, CRM and sales automation capability,
- Sale reporting,
- Chatbot automation you can set on your website, Facebook page, messenger, etc.
- Good support such as live chat and email support.
Small, medium, and sized businesses who are looking for easy to use and powerful automation feature, deep reporting and deliverability.
- You take email automation seriously,
- You need a multi-channel email marketing tool that enables you to reach out to your audience.
Not recommended if you just want a simple automation and beginner-friendly email marketing tool.
ActiveCamcaign offer only a 14-day free trial – there is no free plan
The basic plan costs $15 per month for 500 subscribers. The yearly monthly plan costs $9 per month.
✔ It offers a user-friendly interface with a visual marketing automation builder,
Affordable compared to its competitors when you choose the yearly membership option (just $9 per month for 500 subscribers),
✔ Great deliverability email marketing tool,
✔ Great A/B split testing capability,
✔ It offers a lot of integration such as WordPress, Shopify, PayPal, ClikcFunnels, etc
✔ Support is fast and friendly.
❌ The monthly subscription plan is a bit expensive compared to its competitors,
❌ You can be overwhelmed if you are new to email marketing,
❌ No free plan offered,
5. SendinBlue – best email marketing tool for small to midsize businesses
We can’t cite the best email marketing tools without mentioned SendinBlue.
Founded in 2012, SendinBlue is a European company that supports 6 languages that is trusted by over 180,000 businesses worldwide.
Sendinblue is one of the best email marketing tools in the digital marketing space.
It set itself apart thanks to its price that is relatively low based on the features it offers to users.
Just like the big players such as Getresponse, Mailchimp, Aweber, ActiveCampaign, etc, SendinBlue offers literally everything you need for email marketing.
- With SendinBlue you can build your email list by using the landing page builder, or the drag and drop form editors,
- Design and send emails to your subscribers,
- Have access to advanced features like reporting, A/B testing, automation, and workflow.
The best part is that, just like Aweber, most of Sendinblue’s email marketing features are available for free.
For instance, with the free plan, you can send personalized emails based on subscriber behavior, set up automation workflows with the possibility to trigger your automation campaigns.
Also, With Sendinblue there’s no limit to the number of contacts per plan. Sendinblue’s entire pricing structure is based on the number of emails sent, not the number of contacts stored.
You can send 9,000 emails/month for free, and up to 10,000 emails for only $25/month.
SendinBlue is a great email marketing for small to midsize businesses (SMBs), bloggers, affiliate marketers, and those who are just starting out in email marketing.
It is an excellent option for both experienced and novice marketers who want a user-friendly interface, automation, and workflows.
- You need easy to use an email marketing tool and automation feature.
- Just starting out and want a free plan with no limit email contacts.
- You are an eCommerce store owner and want to send trigger-based and transactional emails.
SendinBlue offers a free plan for unlimited contacts. But you can only send 300 emails per day.
The paid plan starts at $25 per month with the possibility to send up to 10 000 emails per month.
✔ Free plan available,
Affordable plans: The SendinBlue email marketing tool is reasonably priced making it a better option for starters and people on a budget,
✔ Possibility to A/B test automation,
✔ You get access to comprehensive automation features even in the free plan,
✔ It offers an SMS marketing tool to its users,
✔ Landing page builder,
✔ Integrate with WordPress, Shopify, Magneto, PayPal, etc.
❌ No sale reporting feature,
❌ Free plan allows you to send only 300 emails per day,
❌ No live chat support.
6. Moosend – best email marketing tool for small businesses and bloggers
Moosend is an affordable email marketing tool.
It comes with a free plan and its paid plan price starts at $8 per month (billed annually) with 1000 contacts.
Contrary to most email marketing services providers out there, Moosend gives users options to pay based on the number of subscribers or the number to email you want to send on a monthly basis.
Whatever your choice you will be paying cheaper compared to some of its competitors.
Moosend is an excellent email marketing for small to midsize businesses (SMBs), bloggers, affiliate marketers, and those who are just starting out in email marketing.
Recommended if you are on a budget and want an affordable email marketing tool to build your email list.
Moosend provides a free plan to up to 1000 subscribers.
Paid plan starts at $10 per month for 1000 email contacts.
✔ Possibility to A/B test automations,
✔ Affordable email marketing and marketing automation provider,
✔ Free plan available,
✔ Landing page builder available – only in the paid plan only, compared to Mailchimp and Aweber free plan,
✔ Customer support is helpful.
❌ Sign-up forms are basic,
❌ The interface design needs to be more modern,
❌ Missing a few integrations,
7. Mailchimp – best email marketing tool for large businesses
Another oldest and popular email marketing tool out there is Mailchimp.
Founded in 2001 by Ben Chestnut and Mark Armstrong, Mailchimp is a freemium email marketing service provider.
Its free-forever plan allows you to build up to 2000 email and send up to 12000 emails per month.
Mailchimp is a great email marketing tool for businesses of all sizes, non-profits, and individuals.
Mailchimp offers a free plan to up to 2000 subscribers.
Paid plan starts at $9.99 per month for 500 contacts.
✔ Possibility to A/B test automation,
✔ Advanced reporting and analytics features that enable you to easily track the success of your campaigns and get the insights you need to constantly improve,
✔ Free plan available,
✔ Landing page builder available even in the free plan,
✔ Customer support is helpful – only in paid tiers plan.
❌ The free plan doesn’t offer automation and segmenting capability like some of its key competitors such as Aweber, SendinBlue,
❌ A bit expensive.
Email marketing is an excellent way to increase trust and generate sales.
There are countless email marketing tools out there you can use to build your list.
Making the choice of the best email marketing tools not easier.
Here I gathered the top best email marketing software you can easily pick to get started.
Be an ACTION taker, Sow Your Seed Today!
To your success !
You may also like…