Are you planning to launch your website or blog? Or is it an e-commerce store? Whether it is a blog or an e-commerce store you are planning to launch, it is very important to find the best place to buy your domain name as long it is one of the key elements of your business.
But before I show you where to find the best place to buy a domain name or the best domain registrar companies of 2021, it is important you know what a domain name is.
So let’s get started!
- What is a domain name?
- 4 smart questions to ask yourself before you buy a domain name with a domain registrar company
- Where is the best place to buy a domain name for your website?
- 4. Wealthy Affiliate
- Registering a domain name with Wealthy Affiliate: pros and cons
- Which one is the best domain registrar to buy your domain name?
What is a domain name?
In a nutshell, a domain name is your online address.
Just like your physical shop, any online business needs an address. Whether it is a blog/website or an e-commerce store, small or big, you need an address.
And your domain name is your address on the Internet.
It is indeed this address that will allow customers to find your company, to identify it among so many others, and to be able to come back to it later, if they need your company’s services.
In fact, your domain name is the only way that Internet users can land on your site.
In a nutshell, it is the name of your site that people type in their web browser to access your website.
It is necessary to keep in mind that each domain name is unique and specific to each website. This means that it is impossible to have two sites with the same domain name.
For example, if you type my domain name, “sowyourseedtoday.com”, you can’t land on another site other than this one.
That’s why, it’s necessary when you have an online project you want to launch, to secure your company’s brand (your domain name).
By doing what?
By registering or purchasing a domain name with domain name registrars companies.
This is also important and will avoid you with unpleasant surprises like what happened to me.
Yes, “sowyourseed.com” became “sowyourseedtoday.com” (more than 15 characters?).
But not with just any one of them!
You must find the best place to buy your domain name. Is that the reason you’re here?
If yes, keep reading!! By the end, you finish reading this post you will know which is the best domain name registrar company of 2021.
Now, you know what a domain name is, let’s move into the next section of our today’s subject (where is the best place to buy a domain name for your online business) where I will show you 4 smart questions you need to ask yourself before you buy a domain name with any. domain registrar company.
4 smart questions to ask yourself before you buy a domain name with a domain registrar company
Before buying or registering your domain name with any company, be sure to check some factors that may cause you pain in the long term.
These are for example the hidden price, domain transfer (the most important factor to consider, add-on service availability and fee associated, etc.
I have put together 4 questions whose answers can help you determine which domain name registrar company is right for your business.
1. Does the company provide a domain transfer service? And at what cost?
Indeed, any domain registrar company must give its users the possibility to transfer their domain name from their company to another one. But you have to be careful because some will charge you fees while others allow you to make the transfer for free. While others make the transfer easy, others complicate the process.
2. At what price does the company charge you annually?
The price of a domain name varies from one company to another. But the price of a domain name must not exceed $15 per year – unless it has add-on fees included.
With promotions, some companies can give you an attractive offer and then charge you higher the following year at the renewal time. Then take the time to know the exact fee of your domain name (renewal price) and don’t be fooled by the special offers.
3. What add-on service is available with your domain package? And at what price?
Services such as WHOIS protection, email forward, extended expiration protection,… may not seem important if you are starting out and don’t know their importance, but it is necessary to check if available with your registrar company for future needs.
4. Does the company offer a grace period for renewal? If not, is there an auto-renew option?
When you buy a domain name for two years for example, after those two years if your payment has not been renewed, your domain name expires. But there are companies that offer a grace period to allow their customers to renew their service.
and some companies will put it on auction sites. Do you understand what I’m saying? Do you understand what I’m saying? Know that once your domain is on that kind of site, it can be acquired by someone else.
However, there are others it does not offer a grace period and will put it on auction sites. In this case, your domain name can be made available for other customers and can be acquired by someone else.
This is compromising for your online business.
So take the action required to prevent this from happening.
Now, Let’s see where you can find the best place to buy a domain name for your blog or website.
Where is the best place to buy a domain name for your website?
There are currently, about 3000 accredited domain name registrars companies all over the world. And all these companies offer almost the same services.
So what will determine your choice is your budget, your needs, and certain specific factors.
I will answer your question on “where to find the best company to buy a domain name” by showing you two (02) of the best domain registrars companies to buy or register a domain name for your business.
1. Best domain name registrar 2022: GoDaddy
GoDaddy is the market giant in the registrar domain name industry. Indeed, GoDaddy alone holds more than 16% of the market share among the more than 3000 accredited domain registrars companies. This company has already registered around 75 million domain names with more than 17 million customers. In addition to being a domain registrar company, GoDaddy offers web hosting, web security, online marketing tools, and more…
This is an excellent option for anyone looking for an all-in-one platform.
But compared to other companies like Namecheap, GoDaddy is a little expensive.
Indeed their renewal price for a “.com” domain is around $15, but with the promotions, it often offers a “.com” domain name at $0.99 for the first year. But don’t forget what I mentioned above: don’t base your choice on promotional offers.
GoDaddy pros and cons
- A trusted brand in the domain registrar company
- ICANN Accredited company
- Customers support is available 7/24 and good (telephone and live chat support available)
- With GoDaddy, you can get a wide range of service
- GoDaddy provides a limited hosted package and photo storage for free for 1 year
- Good discounts on new domains registrations (0.99$)
- The domain transfer process is not easy
- Charges an additional fee for custom name servers
- Charges an additional fee for WHOIS guard (7,99$ per year)
- Offers email as an upsell package (4,49$ per month)
- SSL certificate is about 55,99$ per year
- Offers a reliable DNS, but the site has been hacked
- Aggressive and pushy upsell during the checkout process
2. Best domain name registrar 2021: Namecheap
Namecheap like Goddady is a well-known company in the domain registrar field. Accredited by ICANN, NameCheap was founded in 2000 and has sold more than 4 million domain names all over the world.
Their website is very intuitive and they offer affordable domains with excellent DNS tools, WHOIS protection, hosting service, etc.
With NameCheap, renewal price is 10,98$ per year for a “.com” domain and 8,88$ + 0,18 ICANN fee for new domain purchase.
NameCheap pros and cons
- ICANN Accredited company
- Price is affordable
- Free email forwarding services
- Offers free SSL certificate for One year, then 1,99$
- WHOISGuard protection is bundled
- Domains transfer is easy and no extra cost
- Reliable DNS service (no history of the company being hacked)
- 24/7 customer support (chat support)
- Free custom name servers
- Domain registration is quick and seamless
- New domains extension is expensive
- Support service needs improving
The following 2 companies offer domain name registration service but they’re better known for other services.
The reason it is on my list is that one will allow you to get started even if you are on a budget and the other one offers an all-in-one service. It’s also a way to save more money.
Bluehost is more than a domain name registrar company and is known as a reliable and trusted website hosting company.
There are about 2 million websites hosted with them. But in addition to being a hosting company, it also offers a domain name registration service. The price of a domain name with Bluehost is around $11,99 per year.
But you can get a domain name for free + free SSL Certificate, for one year, if you pay for one of their hosting packages which start at 2,95$ per month (renewal price is 7,95$ per month). If you want a domain name with a hosting service on the same platform, then Bluehost will be your best bet.
Bluehost pros and cons
- Reliable and trusted hosting provider
- 24/7 live chat, email and phone support available
- You get one domain free if you buy one of their hosting packages
- Can transfer your domain name easily
- If you plan to host your website elsewhere, you will pay 0,99$ for your privacy protection. This about 11,88$ per year + your domain name price (11,99$). This is $23,87 per year
- Site transfer is not free
Want to create your website with Bluehost, check out my step-by-step guide on how to start a blog with Bluehost.
Wealthy affiliate is more than a domain name registrar company. This platform is an All-In-One affiliate marketing platform that offers:
- Domain name registration service (no upsell)
- An evergreen affiliate marketing training to newbie and advanced affiliate marketers
- Web hosting service (possibility to create up to 20 websites)
- An online entrepreneur community
- Keyword research tools (a must-have tool for any online business)
- Content creation tool and much more…
What sets Wealthy Affiliate domain registration apart from their competitors is that you get all the add-ons for free – no upsells.
See the image below what I mean here:
Registering a domain name with Wealthy Affiliate: pros and cons
- You get all the basic tools and training that will help you run your online business with more success.
- No upsells
- You need to be a premium member in order to buy a domain name
Which one is the best domain registrar to buy your domain name?
It is up to you to decide which of these 4 is the best option for you!
If you do not want to have a domain name with hosting on the same platform, and if you are on a budget, then you will have to take into account Namecheap. Domain transfer is easy and they offer an affordable name. This will be a good option if you are building a long-term site.
However, if you are on a budget and you want a platform on which you can buy a domain name and get a web hosting service at the same time, then Bluehost is a better choice for you. You will get a domain name + SSL certificate for free (for the first year) with any hosting package purchased.
If you need a company that is expensive but offers you more customization and additional features or if you are a domain flipper, GoDaddy is a better choice.
Now, if you want an All-In-One affiliate marketing platform where you get all the basic tools and training to run a successful online business, then Wealthy Affiliate is the best bet for you.
I am a proud member of this amazing company and this website you are reading is hosted by them.
Read my full Wealthy Affiliate review here.
I think you found my post on the subject the best place to buy a domain name useful.
If this is the case, please share it with your friend.
If you have a question, drop it in the comment section. I will respond to you ASAP.
Be ACTIONS taker, SOW YOUR SEED TODAY!!
To your success!!!
You may also like…